The Anthony Award, named for mystery reviewer Anthony Boucher, is bestowed every Summer at the Boucheron World Mystery Convention. The standing Bouchercon rules specify the following awards:
- Best Novel
- Best First Novel
- Best Paperback Original
- Best Critical Nonfiction Work
- Best Short Story
- Special Service Award
- Up to three wild card awards.
Eligible books must be published in the U.S. in English and nominated by a Bouchercon registrant. The final ballot is determined by the number of nominations, and registrants then vote on a winner.
- Nominees prior to 2000 are unavailable.
- Paperback Original category had no award in 1992-1995, two winners in 1991.
- The Critical Work category (also called "Nonfiction/Critical", "Critical/Biographical", etc) began in 1991 and had no award in 1998.
- These categories are wildcards, which are awarded intermittently: Children's/Young Adult, Historical Mystery.
|? Event Calendar|
- 2013/09/22: Blog:Winners of the 2013 Anthony Awards
- 2013/05/09: Blog:Nominees for the 2013 Anthony Awards
- 2012/10/07: Blog:Winners of the 2012 Anthony Awards
- 2012/06/11: Blog:Nominees for the 2012 Anthony Awards
- 2011/09/20: Blog:Winners of the 2011 Anthony Award
- 2011/05/15: Blog:Nominees for the 2011 Anthony Award