Since 1971, the Mythopoeic Awards have been bestowed upon works that exemplify “the spirit of the Inklings”—a gathering of British Christian males at Oxford during the 1930s and 1940s which included J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Charles Williams. The finalists and winners are determined by a committee of Mythopoeic Society members and are announced every Summer at Mythcon.
- The Adult category was discontinued 1976 through 1980, and no finalists are available in 1984.
- The Children category began in 1992.
|? Event Calendar|
- 2013/07/15: Blog:Winners of the 2013 Mythopoeic Awards
- 2013/05/15: Blog:Finalists for the 2013 Mythopoeic Awards
- 2012/08/06: Blog:Winners of the 2012 Mythopoeic Awards
- 2012/05/23: Blog:Finalists for the 2012 Mythopoeic Awards
- 2011/07/18: Blog:Winners of the 2011 Mythopoeic Awards
- 2011/05/18: Blog:Finalists for the 2011 Mythopoeic Awards