Every February the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films announces nominees for the Saturn Award, and the winners are announced a few months later at an award ceremony.
Eligible films must be made available for private screenings in the Los Angeles area. The Academy's board of directors determines the category of each film, and committee leaders (with approval from the board) choose those that will appear on the final ballot. The winner is chosen by membership vote.
- Award Annals presents only those categories for best feature-length film and best music.
- The Animated Film category began in 2003.
- The “Thriller” genre seems to be grouped with “Action”, except when it isn’t. In 2012 it is grouped with “Horror”.
|? Event Calendar|
- 2013/06/27: Blog:Winners of the 2013 Saturn Awards
- 2013/02/21: Blog:Nominees for the 2013 Saturn Awards
- 2012/07/28: Blog:Winners of the 2012 Saturn Awards
- 2012/02/29: Blog:Nominees for the 2012 Saturn Awards
- 2011/06/24: Blog:Winners of the 2011 Saturn Award
- 2011/04/16: Blog:Nominees for the 2011 Saturn Award