The Crime Writers’ Association today announced the Fall shortlists for the 2013 CWA Dagger Awards—the awards which celebrate the best in contemporary crime writing.
The winners of the ornamental daggers and cash prizes will be revealed at an award ceremony in London on 24th October.
The winner will receive £2500. The judges are:
- Richard Reynolds (Chair), bookseller
- Ali Karim, Assistant Editor of Shots eZine
- Margaret Kinsman, academic and Executive Editor of CLUES: A Journal of Detection
- Pippa Macallister, crime novel fan
- Heather O’Donoghue, Reader in Old Norse literature at Linacre College
- Zoë Watkins, Managing Director of FourteenFiftyFour
- David Wilkerson, Commercial Manager at the British Library in London
The winner will receive £2000. The judges are:
- Corinne Turner (Administrative Chair), Managing Director of Ian Fleming Publications Ltd.
- Josephine Lane, Editorial Project Manager for Ian Fleming Publications Ltd.
- John Dugdale, Sunday Times’s reviewer
- David Headley, owner of Goldsboro Books independent bookshop
- Jessica Mann, crime novelist
- Fergus Fleming, historian and author
The winner will receive £1000. The judges are:
- Danuta Reah (Chair), crime writer
- Peter Guttridge, novelist, critic, writing teacher
- Maxim Jakubowski, writer, editor, translator