Malice Domestic has announced the nominees for the 2011 Agatha Awards. All Malice Domestic 24 attendees who registered by December 31, 2011 submitted their ranked choices in each Agatha Award category. The nominees are the top 5 submitted in each category become official nominees.
This year there is a new category: “Best Historical Novel”. At the time of this writing, it is unknown whether this award is a permanent addition to the convention.
Winners will be announced at the 2011 Agatha Awards banquet to be held in Bethesda, Maryland on Saturday, April 28, 2012.
Best Historical Novel
- Naughty in Nice by Rhys Bowen (Berkley)
- Murder Your Darlings by J.J. Murphy (Signet)
- Mercury's Rise by Ann Parker (Poisoned Pen Press)
- Troubled Bones by Jeri Westerson (Minotaur)
- A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear (Harper)
Best Short Story
- "Disarming" by Dana Cameron, Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine - June 2011
- "Dead Eye Gravy" by Krista Davis, Fish Tales: The Guppy Anthology (Wildside Press)
- "Palace by the Lake" by Daryl Wood Gerber, Fish Tales: The Guppy Anthology (Wildside Press)
- "Truth and Consequences" by Barb Goffman, Mystery Times Ten (Buddhapuss Ink)
- "The Itinerary" by Roberta Isleib, MWA Presents the Rich and the Dead (Grand Central Publishing)