Malice Domestic has announced the nominees for the 2012 Agatha Awards. All Malice Domestic 25 attendees who registered by December 31, 2012 submitted their ranked choices in each Agatha Award category. The nominees are the top 5 submitted in each category become official nominees.
Winners will be announced at the 2012 Agatha Awards banquet to be held in Bethesda, Maryland on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Best Historical Novel
- The Twelve Clues of Christmas by Rhys Bowen
- Dandy Gilver and an Unsuitable Day for Murder by Catriona McPherson
- Murder on Fifth Avenue by Victoria Thompson
- An Unmarked Grave by Charles Todd
- Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear
Best Short Story
- “Mischief in Mesopotamia” by Dana Cameron (Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine)
- “Kept in the Dark” by Shelia Connolly (Best New England Crime Stories 2013: Blood Moon Anthology)
- “The Lord is My Shamus” by Barb Goffman (Chesapeake Crimes: This Job is Murder)
- “Thea’s First Husband” by B.K. Stevens (Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine)
- “When Duty Calls”, by Art Taylor (Chesapeake Crimes: This Job is Murder)