Bouchercon, the World Mystery Convention, has announced their 27th annual Anthony Award nominees. The nominations were taken from votes cast by 2012 and 2013 attendees of the BoucherCon World Mystery Convention. Attendees of BoucherCon 2013 will vote for this year's winners. The award is named after Anthony Boucher, a book reviewer and early champion of the mystery genre.
The winners will be announced at BoucherCon 2013 in Albany, New York, the weekend of September 21.
Best Short Story
- “Mischief in Mesopotamia” – Dana Cameron, EQMM, Nov 2012
- “Kept in the Dark” – Shelia Connolly, Best New England Crime Stories: Blood Moon
- “The Lord is My Shamus” – Barb Goffman, Chesapeake Crimes: This Job is Murder
- “Peaches” – Todd Robinson, Grift, Spring 2012
- “The Unremarkable Heart” – Karin Slaughter, MWA Presents: Vengeance,