Mystery Writers of America is proud to announce as we celebrate the 204th anniversary of the birth of Edgar Allan Poe, its Nominees for the 2013 Edgar Allan Poe Awards, honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television, published or produced in 2012. Eligible novels were published in the U.S. in English and nominated by the publisher.
The winners will be announced on May 2 in New York City. Each will receive a bust of Edgar Allan Poe.
Best Short Story
- “Iphigenia in Aulis” – An Apple for the Creature by Mike Carey (Penguin Group USA – Ace Books)
- “Hot Sugar Blues” – Mystery Writers of America Presents: Vengeance by Steve Liskow (Hachette Book Group – Little, Brown and Company – Mulholland Books)
- “The Void it Often Brings With It” – Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine by Tom Piccirilli (Dell Magazines)
- “The Unremarkable Heart” – Mystery Writers of America Presents: Vengeance by Karin Slaughter (Hachette Book Group – Little, Brown and Company – Mulholland Books)
- “Still Life No. 41” – Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine by Teresa Solana (Dell Magazines)
Best Television Episode Teleplay
- “Pilot” – Longmire, Teleplay by Hunt Baldwin & John Coveny (A&E/Warner Horizon Television)
- “Child Predator” – elemeNtarY, Teleplay by Peter Blake (CBS Productions)
- “Slaughterhouse” – Justified, Teleplay by Fred Golan (Sony Pictures Television/FX Productions)
- “A Scandal in Belgravia” – Sherlock, Teleplay by Steven Moffat (BBC/Masterpiece)
- “New Car Smell” – Homeland, Teleplay by Meredith Stiehm (Showtime/Fox21)
Robert L. Fish Memorial Award
- “When They Are Done With Us” – Staten Island Noir by Patricia Smith (Akashic Books)