The Private Eye Writers of America (PWA) has announced its nominees for the 32nd annual Shamus Awards. The Award was founded in 1981 by Robert J. Randisi to recognize outstanding achievement in private eye fiction.
The winner will be announced at the PWA Banquet at Bouchercon in Albany, New York, on Friday, September 20.
Best PI Short Story
- “The Sequel” by Jeffrey Deaver in The Strand
- “After Cana” by Terence Faherty in EQMM
- “O'Nelligan and the Lost Fates” by Michael Nethercott in AHMM
- “Illegitimati Non Carborundum” by Stephen D. Rogers in Crimespree
- “Ghost Negligence” by John Shepphird in AHMM
Best Indie PI Novel
- Stranger in Town by Cheryl Bradshaw
- Enamorted by O'Neil De Noux
- One-Eyed Jack by Christopher J. Lynch
- White Heat by Paul Marks
- Devil May Care by James Mullaney
Source: Mystery Fanfare