The Royal Society has announced the shortlist for its 2013 Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books. The shortlisted books are accessible, interesting and compelling accounts about us and the world around us.
The winning book will be announced at a public event on 25 November 2013. The winning author will receive £25,000, while shortlisted authors receive £2,500.
The judging panel:
- Jon Culshaw, Impressionist and comedian
- Dr Emily Flashman, Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford
- Professor Uta Frith DBE FBA FRS, Emeritus Professor of Cognitive Development, University College London
- Joanne Harris, Novelist and author of Chocolat
- Lucy Siegle, Journalist and writer on environmental issues