The Crime Writers’ Association today announced the shortlists for the Fall CWA Dagger Awards—the awards which celebrate the best in contemporary crime writing.
The winners of the ornamental daggers and cash prizes will be revealed at an award ceremony in London on Friday 7th October.
The winner will receive £2500. The judges are:
- Richard Reynolds (Chair), bookseller
- Dr Ann Ferguson, retired consultant anaesthetist
- Christopher Fowler, thriller writer
- Margaret Kinsman, academic and Executive Editor of CLUES: A Journal of Detection
- Heather O’Donoghue, Reader in Old Norse literature at Linacre College
- Zoë Watkins, Managing Director of FourteenFiftyFour
- David Wilkerson, Commercial Manager at the British Library in London
The winner will receive £2000. The judges are:
- Corinne Turner (Administrative Chair), Managing Director of Ian Fleming Publications Ltd.
- NJ Cooper, crime writer
- John Dugdale, Sunday Times’s reviewer
- David Headley, owner of Goldsboro Books independent bookshop
- Robert Laycock
- Fergus Fleming, historian and author
The winner will receive £1000. The judges are:
- Danuta Reah (Chair), crime writer
- Rhian Davies, editor and founder of Phoenix Literary UK
- John Lawton, author and director
- Chris Simmons, co-founder of crimesquad.com