|A dark tale of wartime intrigue has been named by The Crime Writers’ Association in London as the winner of the 2011 Ellis Peters Historical Dagger Award. Andrew Martin was selected for the first prize from a shortlist of six novels. He will receive £3,000 and an ornamental dagger.||
- Eileen Roberts (chair): Originator and organiser of St Hilda’s annual crime symposium in Oxford.
- Geoffrey Bailey: Bookseller specialising in crime.
- Barry Forshaw: reviewer, editor of Crime Time magazine, and editor of British Crime Writing: An Encyclopaedia.
- Sir Bernard Ingham: Press Secretary to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- Jake Kerridge: the Telegraph's crime fiction critic.