Where Furnaces Burn
Episodes from the casebook of a police officer in the West Midlands:
- A young woman needs help in finding the buried pieces of her lover... so he can return to waking life.
- Pale-faced thieves gather by a disused railway to watch a puppet theatre of love and violence.
- Why do local youths keep starting fires in the ash woods around a disused mine in the Black Country?
- A series of inexplicable deaths lead the police to uncover a secret cult of machine worship.
- When a migrant worker disappears, the key suspect is a boy driven mad by memories that are not his own.
- Among the derelict factories and warehouses at the heart of the city, an archaic god seeks out his willing victims.
Blurring the occult detective story with urban noir fiction, Where Furnaces Burn offers a glimpse of the myths and terrors buried within the industrial landscape.